By Gail B. Slap MD MS
This concise, evidence-based source covers all of cutting-edge need-to-know info to fast and successfully diagnose and deal with universal adolescent conditions...in an incredibly straightforward structure. simply because it is so compact, clinically orientated, and simple to learn, Adolescent drugs: The specifications in Pediatrics is a perfect learn instrument in addition to a handy reference for perform.
- Includes distinctive discussions on distinct future health matters, universal scientific difficulties, sexual and reproductive well-being, behavioral difficulties, and the transition to grownup healthiness care that will help you achieve a greater realizing of the original wishes of the adolescent sufferer.
- Features a logical, constant bankruptcy layout that is helping you discover the advice you would like fast.
- Presents considerable tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic reviews, treatment/therapy innovations, and suggestions on whilst to consult a expert equipping you for each scientific problem.
- Discusses controversies in regards to the general of care using thought-provoking scientific situations that will help you to figure out the simplest plan of action in tough occasions.
- Provides highlighted containers that emphasize suitable case experiences, key issues of every part, and different very important info making you conscious of concerns that effect latest perform.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so that you can see info extra clearly.
Read Online or Download Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) PDF
Similar pediatrics books
This article is the fruit of intensive learn into the chinese language clinical literature on pediatrics and the reaction to years of practitioner requests for a great, complete TCM pediatric textbook. It covers over forty five universal pediatric complains, giving differential analysis, affliction mechanisms, natural remedy, acumoxa remedy the place acceptable, and Bob's reviews approximately every one.
Like different titles within the Board assessment sequence, BRS Pediatrics is designed to supply scholars a powerful starting place for next studying in either fundamental care and subspecialty pediatrics. BRS Pediatrics beneficial properties: A finished assessment of the elemental ideas of pediatrics specific info for the pediatric subinternships and pediatric subspecialty rotations Case-based overview checks (simulating USMLE Step 2 questions) on the finish of every bankruptcy motives for the right kind solutions and the inaccurate responses with cross-references to the proper textual content for pupil follow-up End-of-book entire 100-question exam you will find that BRS Pediatrics may be an vital source for the pediatric rotation, the top of rotation examination, and the USMLE Step 2.
Prepared via leader criticism, this finished, pocket-sized guide for clinical scholars and citizens covers the prognosis and administration of greater than eighty universal difficulties present in kids, targeting indicators, differential analysis, laboratory review, and numerous treatment plans for every challenge.
- Epilepsy in Children
- Assisted Ventilation of the Neonate
- Law and Ethics in Children's Nursing
- Family Based Treatment for Young Children With OCD: Therapist Guide (Treatments That Work)
Extra info for Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics)
Hyattsville, MD, National Center for Health Statistics 2003. S. youth aged 14–21 years. Although the primary prevention of violence has become a public health imperative, secondary prevention at the individual level has lagged behind. Clinicians commonly describe inexperience and discomfort with adolescents who are perpetrators or victims of violence. In part, this reflects the limited research on office-based interventions for youth violence. However, there is an evolving literature on community interventions that can help guide clinicians in their effort to reduce violent injury among youth.
Org) rights of individuals with disabilities. The federal Indivi duals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires a public school to maintain a written Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) for a student with an eligible learning disability. The IEP should be developed and annually reviewed by parents, student, and school personnel and must include a transitional plan from age 14 years to high school graduation. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act requires a written individual health plan (IHP) for students with functional limitations due to physical or mental health conditions.
Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000;32:2130–2145. 27 American Dietetic Association: Position of the American Dietetic Association: Food fortification and dietary supplements. J Am Diet Assoc 2001;101:115–125. Anstine D, Grinenko D: Rapid screening for disordered eating in college-aged females in the primary care setting. J Adolesc Health 2000;26:338–342. Assessment of nutritional status. In Kleinman RE (ed): Pediatric Nutrition Handbook, 5th ed. Elk Grove Village, IL, The American Academy of Pediatrics, 2004, pp.
Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) by Gail B. Slap MD MS